Foxfield Special School Work Experience
Community Links are very important to us at Ganneys Meadow Nursery School and every year we support Foxfield post-16 students with work experience for a half day per week. Their students really enjoy working with our children!
A whole morning each week is set aside for these pupils to access the community through a variety of work placements. This is an extension of the Independent Living Skills Curriculum.
The main aims are:
· to enable pupils to apply the skills learned in the classroom in a real-life work experience placement
· to further improve skills by making learning more relevant and practical
· to offer further opportunity to develop personal and social skills
· to develop an understanding of work and its related responsibilities
· to broaden awareness of the world of work
· to introduce pupils to the knowledge and skills of particular occupational areas
· to help pupils to make the transition from school