Free School Meals
Free school meals are available for children if their parent or carer receives certain benefits. Apply immediately if you think you will qualify.
It is important to apply as this registers your child for the Early Years pupil premium; funding available to schools for children who qualify for free school meals via the eligibility criteria.
If you don’t apply, your child’s school will miss out on funding which could go towards equipment, resources, trips or uniform discounts.
If your child prefers to take a packed lunch or make other arrangements, you will still need to register for free school meals for your school to receive the pupil premium funding.
Who can get free school meals?
Parents or guardians are entitled to get free school meals or milk for their children if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with a total annual taxable income of less than £16,190 and are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- have successfully obtained asylum status